I love camping and backpacking and as a result I’ve spent too much time and too much money aquiring travel cubes, kits, and packs over the years. I think this, though, is going to be the coup de grâce of every other trip prep I’ve done.
I traded in my large Osprey multi-day pack at REI because it’s just too big for me and landed on this Osprey rolling, convertible backpack.
I have a bunch of Sea to Summit dry bags like these that I use for organizing underwear, socks and dirty laundry:
Annnnd, I just added these Patagonia cubes to the mix and I can’t even deal with how I excited I am about them.
I ordered the medium for all of my toiletries and the small for makeup and plane essentials that I’ll need for falling asleep and waking up on an overnight flight.
Toiletries in the medium cube:
- hair products – I do not fuck around with this curly mess
- face wash
- mud mask – this Umbrian Mud Mask happens at least once a week, traveling or not
- body lotion
- nightime skin regime – my fight with father time is an all-out war and Kiehl’s is my closest ally
- menstrual cup – if you don’t know about them, find out. it changed my life and now all of my girlfriend’s use them, too.
- hair bands and bobby pins
- solution/contacts and a spare set
- spare glasses
- daily makeup
- milk makeup remover wipes – they smell a little like codliver oil, but they are so convenient and kind to skin that gets a tough go of it while traveling
- kiehl’s ultra facial moisturizer
- just before the plane lands I throw a couple collagen eye masks on, clean my face as best I can with milk wipes, moisturize, and put a little makeup on to face a new country.